PeopleReady of Hagerstown, MD is now hiring Cashiers! The Cashier will scan the customer's selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
Apply today and you could start as soon as tomorrow. No resume or interview required - yep, you read that right.
As a PeopleReady associate you'll benefit from:
- The freedom to work where you want, when you want and as often as you want.
- Next-day pay for many of our open positions.
- The ability to choose long-term positions for steady work or short-term positions if you just want some extra cash.
- The ability to sign up jobs right from our mobile app, JobStack!
The pay rate for this job is $15 / hour.
What you'll be doing as a Cashier:
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
Shift timings - All Available
- Customer service or Cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
Ready to take control of the way you work?
Complete our application to join the PeopleReady team today. In case you missed it, no resumes or interviews are required!
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.