CALLING PSYCHOLOGY & CRIMINOLOGY GRADUATES - SURREY BASED
We are looking for a dedicated Learning Support Assistant to support children with moderate learning difficulties. You will also be working with disadvantaged children that have been exposed to adverse childhood experiences. You have the opportunity to have a positive impact and make a real difference to the lives of children.
No previous experience is required. Interviews are now taking place.
This school provides a safe learning environment for children with moderate learning needs. The students are aged from 10-19. The school operates a fully integrated Therapy Programme to support each student's Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Therapists work 1:1 with children to ensure their physical and emotional needs are met. The school has excellent facilities and on-site equipment including a therapy pool and sensory rooms; there is excellent on-site training, support and CPD.
Job role and responsibilities:
- Assist the class teacher in providing the learning experience of students
- Behaviour and pastoral support
- Ability to build robust and effective relationships with students
- Practical approach to meet the individual needs of students
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Caring, compassionate, and a good listener
- Willing to work 1:1 and in small groups with students
- Ensure safeguarding of students
- Attend staff meetings and complete appropriate CPD
5 days a week (Mon-Fri)£75-£90 per day
Apply now or contact Eleanor Chessun-Lawrence at Academics Ltd:
Candidates registering with Academics Ltd will need to have or apply for an Enhanced DBS and/or overseas police check where appropriate.