This wildlife charity is recruiting for a Café Supervisor to join their friendly visitor centre team. The lake side café offers a seasonal range of drinks, homemade cakes, light meals, and ice creams.
Café Supervisor Salary: £13.50 per hour (£24,583 per annum)Contract: PermanentHours: 35 hours per week (negotiable to 30 hours). One weekend in two and occasional bank holidaysBased: Tring, HP23 5QG
This Cafe Supervisor position will oversee Food Hygiene and manage the Cafe Assistants. You will work with another Cafe Supervisor who leads on Stock Management. The Visitor Centre Manager will support you in playing a key role in Café Steering Group meetings.
The role includes:
- supervising the café team
- managing administrative aspects, including the monthly rota
- ensuring that café safety and hygiene standards are upheld
Successful applicants will have:
- strong interpersonal and communication skills
- ability to work well under pressure during busy periods
- good organisational skills
- excellent customer service skills
The charity is looking for candidates with café experience who are ready to step into a management role.
The charity can provide full training.
In return the charity offers
- a friendly and attractive work environment
- generous annual leave entitlement (28 days if full time)
- 3x life assurance
- YuLife rewards package & employee assistance programme
- cycle scheme
- pension with generous employer contribution
About the charity
The charity is a membership-based voluntary organisation, managing over 80 nature reserves, influencing land management and educating and encouraging all sectors of the community to care for local wildlife.
Closing date: 15 August 2022.
Interviews will be held in person on a rolling basis in Tring.
To apply, please click the apply button. You will be taken to a simple CHM Recruit form where you can find out more information and complete your application by following the instructions.
The charity is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all members of the community.
No agencies please.