Are you a Buyer from an industrial/engineering sector looking to progress your skills further? Does working for rapidly expanding, forward thinking company who design and manufacture leading edge products appeal to you? Improvement and development are the main fundamentals that this global market leader are renowned for and due to internal development, they are looking to expand their large, highly experienced supply chain team. In addition to the great opportunity, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, day working on a Friday and the possibility of progressing with a CIPS qualification and will be given a strong support network of colleagues to gain further experience and knowledge from within this field. This permanent role of Buyer will be to assist the Supply Chain Manager in all elements of expediting orders, supplier management, and costings and duties will include;
- Using MRP system to forward plan and forecast requirements.
- Managing a portfolio of suppliers, monitoring service ensuring OTIF and quality performance. Developing supplier plans, conducting reviews, introducing KPI s.
- Identifying problems or delays with deliveries, monitoring shipments and expediting suppliers.
- Collaborating with planning, engineering and quality teams to ensure continuous improvement in quality, delivery and cost.
- Managing cost control and looking at cost reduction opportunities.
You will need to have a level of buying, procurement or supply chain experience - ideally at least an Assistant Buyer or Junior Buyer or Expeditor level and will have confident negotiation skills, good commercial acumen, a flexible and willing approach and excellent supplier relationship capability. This is an opportunity that should not be missed - please APPLY NOW or contact Helen for more information.