Branch Manager, Avon, CTAvon, United States of America
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the North East U.S., Santander's retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
The Manager, Branch Manager is responsible for the administration of sales, service, operational efficiency, risk applications, internal control and HR management activities to meet bank objectives for the branch. Incumbents develop a culture within the branch in which quality and continuous improvement on all performance accountabilities are understood and utilized by all team members. Ensures the team is focused on the acquisition of new business and personal relationships and the retention and expansion of existing relationships.
- Delivers exceptional customer service and coaches/motivates team to deepen existing customer relationships and acquire new customers.
- Implements strategies to reduce overhead, and is responsible for managing branch P & L.
- Directs the development, implementation and use of productive sales strategies and techniques, generating additional bank business through any mean or channel provided by the Company.
- Focuses on increasing Bank products and services, sales and number of clients, by executing customized strategies related to people and client management.
- Coaches and motivates branch team members.
- Participates in branch functions and community activities to promote the organization's image and growth, ensuring that the Company maintains a strong local presence.
- Manages performance of all branch staff. Responsible for the hiring, retention, motivation, and success of branch colleagues across all job families within the branch.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Consultative, team-oriented sales personality with outstanding personal customer skills
- Demonstrates the ability to generate sales excitement and acts as a coach and mentor to the staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound risk decision making skills and strong operational proficiency
- Meets compliance and audit requirements
- Demonstrated supervisory abilities to provide constructive and positive feedback and manage performance
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships
- Ability to manage, supervise, instruct and coach
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to make independent decisions and utilize sound judgment
- Advanced knowledge of all Retail and Small business products and services and fluency in business acumen and in SME credit
- Highly motivated and competitive with proven leadership quality and very goal driven
- Understands all appropriate policies and procedures and process that impact work activities
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy. To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Meet the qualifications posted for the positions they are applying for
- Apply online through the Company's internal careers site for job posting
- Complete 12 months of continuous service within your current position and be in good standing (rating of Achieved or better, not been placed on a performance improvement plan)
Please click here to see the full policy: http://thesource.sov.gs.corp/human-resources/careers-and-growth/hiring-internal-mobility/
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply .
Primary Location: Avon, Connecticut, United States of America
Other Locations: Connecticut-Avon
Organization: Santander Bank N.A.