Text TSC to 25000 to Apply
Must be at least 18 years of age.
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
Experience: No experience required. Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members and customers and adhere to Company safety training and guidelines.
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions):
The Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. Team members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers' needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every Team Member be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
- Operate cash register/computer following cash handling procedures as established by Tractor Supply Company
- Recovery of merchandise
- Participate in mandatory freight process
- Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and resets)
- Assemble merchandisePerform janitorial duties
- Execute price changes/markdowns
- Operate Forklift
- Operate Cardboard Baler
- Assist customers with loading purchases
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job duties
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 2,000 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 300 with annual revenues of more than $12 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live Life out Here!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work! ()
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
TSC EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
At Tractor Supply Company, we strive to provide a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. Therefore, we are fully committed to complying with all equal employment opportunity laws. It is the policy of Tractor Supply Company to provide equal opportunity in employment to all Team Members and applicants for employment. The Company will not discriminate in employment against any person because of age, sex, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, uniformed service, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status under applicable state or local law. This policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment; and to all policies of Tractor Supply Company including, but not limited to, hiring, training, orientation, placement and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, layoff, social and recreational programs, Team Member facilities, termination, and retirement.