Make a difference every day! Join our client's Referencing Team as an HR Interviewer (Background Checking Specialist) HYBRID WORKING IF DESIRED
Our client is the UK's leading provider of global CV verification and background screening services.
Main purpose of the role:
Working in a dynamic and fast-paced team environment, the Referencing Specialist is responsible for obtaining and recording accurate employment, education and character references for candidates undergoing pre-employment screening process. As an assertive, confident and energetic individual, you will use your professional phone manner and investigative skills to follow up reference requests and conduct reference interviews within tight timescales. This will involve speaking to a diverse range of referees on a global scale; it is therefore essential that you have excellent interpersonal skills and an outgoing, friendly personality. You must be able to think on your feet and outside the box; a pro-active, questioning individual keen to achieve a result is most suited to the role of HR Interviewer. You will also undertake any other responsibilities depending on the requirements of the business.
On a daily basis you will:
- Use the telephone and email to chase reference requests previously emailed to employment, education and character referees
- Deploy your ability to probe and investigate in order to obtain information as quickly and accurately as possible
- Accurately and fully record verbal references
- Analyse completed candidate references in order to identify any missing or ambiguous information, and request clarification from referees accordingly
- Multi-task; type information quickly whilst speaking on the telephone and deal with a high influx of information/phone calls at any one time
- Record accurate notes regarding progress made in obtaining information in order to provide clients with an up-to-date overview of the employment screening's progression and facilitate effective information sharing between all internal teams
Essential skills and experience:
Confident, professional and friendly phone manner
- Proactive individual who is able to think on their feet and outside the box
- Persistence and tenacity
- Excellent investigative skills
- Motivated by results
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Able to multitask
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to record information accurately and fully
- Questioning mind
- Excellent team player
- Good typing speed
- Good computer skills with experience of using email, internet and Microsoft Office
- Good written and verbal English language skills
Desirable skills and experience:
- Customer service, call centre or sales experience
- A foreign language - German, Arabic, Italian, Portuguese, French, Turkish, Dutch a bonus!
A full pre-employment background check is required for this position.
This advert is not intended to discriminate on any grounds