Make banking a Fifth Third better
We connect great people to great opportunities. Are you ready to take the next step? Discover a career in banking at Fifth Third Bank.
Fifth Third Banks Audit Division is responsible for performing independent, objective assurance activities for the Banks key business processes, products, services, and technologies, as well as governance, oversight and monitoring functions of management and support functions.
We are seeking an individual to join our growing Internal Audit team supporting Consumer technology and systems. This role will be responsible for a range of audit work for systems and technology supporting the entire product lifecycle, including marketing, account opening, underwriting, servicing through collections and default. The ideal candidate would have a broad working knowledge of consumer banking products and operations and experience identifying and assessing credit, operational, compliance, and reputational risks across a variety of business functions, evaluating the design of processes and controls, and leading/executing large-scale and complex audits.
In addition, the candidate will need to exhibit strong technical and communication skills necessary to navigate a highly complex environment and cultivate strong partnerships with key stakeholders. Team members should maintain or be willing to actively work to pursue the Certified Information Security Auditor (CISA) or other relevant certifications.
The Audit Associate II assists in the execution of end-to-end business process audits for various business/functional areas within the Bank, including areas such as operations; finance/accounting; development, implementation and ongoing delivery of products, processes and services; and/or review of the technology, infrastructure and/or governance related to the business processes. Audits are performed in a team environment under the guidance of the Audit Senior/Project Manager and Audit Manager. Primary responsibilities include performing routine audit activities in the planning, fieldwork, reporting and wrap-up phases in accordance with established standards.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Banks risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the planning and execution of audit fieldwork in compliance with Audit Division methodology and within defined timeframes to support department metrics.
- Work with the Audit Senior/Project Manager to design test plans and evaluate test results.
- Conduct interviews to document and evaluate processes for determining the adequacy of internal controls.
- Support the Audit Senior/Project Manager with Risk and Control Matrix development and execute test strategies to determine the effectiveness of internal controls and compliance with regulations incorporating appropriate tools, techniques and technology.
- Accumulate evidence to support the audit conclusions through high quality documentation and work papers.
- Draw initial conclusions from fieldwork for discussion with senior team members.
- Consider alternatives and consequences of recommendations to enhance controls and processes.
- Work with Audit Senior/Project Manager to develop findings and recommendations for inclusion in the audit report.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with peers, supervisory management and internal clients to support effective and continuous communications.
- Contribute to customer and client satisfaction and deliver value to internal and external customer.
- Assist in the identification and continuous monitoring of risks and other potential exposures to the Bancorp.
- Drive your career by understanding performance expectations and requesting and acting upon feedback; establish and execute a Development Plan.
- Participate in departmental processes and initiatives that promote team effectiveness, employee engagement and resource development. Attend Bancorp sponsored and other training to build industry knowledge and technical capabilities.
- Participate in audit and regulatory issue follow-up processes, as applicable. Complete Quality Control reviews and perform additional audit assignments as assigned.
- Contributes to team effort by willingly sharing knowledge; being open to new ideas; applying knowledge in daily work; and building strong partnerships for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Other Duties as assigned
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree required. Disciplines in management information systems, computer sciences or similar business-related field preferred. Other related academic majors (e.g. Accounting or Audit) should be accompanied by relevant work experience in IT or IT Audit.
- Encouraged to pursue CISA certification and/or related professional certifications such as CISSP.
- Possess the desire and ability to learn mainframe and distributed applications as well as automated data analysis tools and techniques.
- Ideal candidate has education or knowledge in one or more of the following: Unix, Mainframe, Client Server, Information Security, other operating system technologies; database technologies; web/internet middleware; application development; data analysis; or networking technologies.
- Banking or financial services experience preferred.
- Proficient with MS-Windows and other related PC applications
- Two years of audit or large public accounting firm experience required.
- Must be able to analyze and interpret information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to work within teams and independently to manage and execute multiple tasks/ projects in a dynamic work environment.
- Must be goal and results oriented, able to demonstrate sound judgment and apply logical/critical thought processes when developing solutions.
- Ability to display a positive business presence with management and external personnel.
- Must be able to maintain independence and objectivity in all aspects of position.
Remote Audit Associate II - IT-Open to remote
LOCATION -- Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Fifth Third Bank, National Association is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.