About The Role
The Finance Team is key to the growth of Claranet as it is responsible for providing a basis for management reporting, planning, operating controls and financial performance appraisal, as well as analyzing risk and economic trends. This is a wide-ranging role in the group finance function working closely with the senior management and liaising with local finance and management teams.
This role is within the Commercial Finance team and reports to the Senior Finance Business Partner for Networks & Communications (NCBU). The Commercial Finance team is responsible for providing guidance, advice and challenge on financial and operational matters to the Business Unit Leadership.
This is focused on the provision of relevant and timely analysis to support the development of strategy and the business decision making process, with focus on Sales.
To support Senior Business Partner for Network & Communications business unit (NCBU). This will include providing business intelligence and financial analysis to support decision making, increase efficiency and effectiveness; and build investment business cases to ensure profitable use of resources.
Support to Sales functions
• Be the first point of contact for the sales functions for new sales or re-contracting opportunities across the NCBU and the Cloud Business Unit (CBU).
• Support the Sales Team by providing accurate, timely and insightful financial models to maximize the retention of existing customers at competitive price and margin.
• Support the sales team by providing advice on price and the commercial structure of deals and thinking creatively to find solutions within the deal model that make a deal happen on favourable terms to Claranet.
• Attend internal tender/pricing meetings and clearly and concisely explain the financial models to attendees.
• Own, maintain and update the Small Re-contract Tool (internal Excel based sales enablement tool).
Support to Commercial Approvers
• Clearly and concisely explain the financial models to the BU Commercial Approvers.
• Produce accurate and timely scenario/option analysis and any other appropriate analysis required by the BU Commercial Approvers.
• Provide support, analysis and advice as required to all the Senior Management.
• Responsibility for completion and presentations of ad hoc projects as required.
• Assist in the automation of data preparation and reporting.
• Ad hoc project work as required.
About The Candidate
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Strong report writing skills
• Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the business.
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of tasks.
• Can do attitude and a willingness to be hands on.
• Ability to present information in a concise and professional manner.
• Must be comfortable working with a high degree of change and ambiguity
• Ability to manage a diverse workload in a fast-moving environment
• Either CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified or part qualified.
• Previous experience in a technology business would be an advantage, preferably within the managed services industry.
• Experience with PowerBI and Messina (in house system) would be an advantage
About The Company
Claranet is an exciting and rapidly changing company in the corporate IT sector that is building a significant portfolio of clients in the sectors of managed hosting, networks, security and applications. It is expanding through both organic growth and a programme of acquisitions having made four in the last 18 months and with the funding and potential to continue at this rate. The company, with a turnover of over c.£350m, has operations across 9 countries and is in the process of strengthening its group structure to build the financial controls and processes commensurate with a major PLC.
Founded in 1996, Claranet has evolved into a multi-disciplinary technology services provider with global reach. The company has annualised revenues of circa £400 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,500 employees in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers.
We re working on building an ever-improving company based on openness, diversity, collaboration, and empathy as our core values, a company that aims to be inclusive for the diverse group of people we get to work with, and where everyone supports each other and celebrates successes together. We want our people to feel engaged, comfortable, and healthy-and to know that they can belong here, no matter their story or background. If this resonates with you, then come and join us