Two new positions are available with this established medium size Global Logistics Provider based in central Windsor for an Accounts Payable Clerk, will consider candidates who can easily commute to Windsor and have 1 years experience upwards. Excellent benefits inc 25 days hol plus BH and healthcare after 1 year and free parking. Excellent training and further progression is available. Excellent working conditions. Friendly accounts team. Any previous accounting experience from within the freight/logistics or shipping industries would be a bonus
To actively support the clerical operations of the accounts payable function, through a commitment to achieving our site and company goals. Proactively support the UK Accounts Supervisors in tasks set out on a daily basis. You will be required to Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. You will be required to input and maintain integrity of accounts payable data assigned to you, as well as general administration tasks as outlined below.
Key duties and responsibilities
To communicate daily in a professional manner with suppliers, team members, all offices and other key stakeholders.
- To reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- To maintain the accounts payable folder
- In a timely and efficient manner - print and process high volumes of invoices for all offices with a minimum of supervision. Some one job per invoice others multiple.
- Attaching invoices to statements and/ or actively chasing statements by email and phone calls.
- Raising and logging queries in excel and chasing for resolution.
- Responsibility and accountability for maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Completing credit application forms and daily Bacs and Chaps requests.
- Processing and monitoring Cass & Deferment
- Ensuring that requests and queries are dealt with efficiently.
- Make adjustments, handle queries and resolve problems within company guidelines and policy.To verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- To answer the telephone
- To take responsibility for specific projects and tasks as instructed from time to time
- Devising and maintaining office systems to best effect
- Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information
Other general administrative duties associated with the Accounts Payable function
Qualifications and key skills
- Education - minimum of 5 GCSE s (or equivalent) including Maths and English
- Ability and flexibility to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Strong working capability on use of Microsoft office suite including word/ excel/ outlook
- Able to complete work and thrive within a fast moving, dynamic business and environment
- Organised - the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and to prioritise workload and self-manage when required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take clear instruction
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work at pace in a busy environment
- Mon-Fri 9-5.30
- Office Based in Central Windsor
- (Free Parking)
- £25k basic Salary
- 25 days holiday plus BH
- Healthcare after 1 years service