Job Family Group:
Are you ready to do something remarkable? Ready to collaborate with an incredible team to solve problems that improve people's lives? Meet Ingevity.
At Ingevity, we develop innovations that purify, protect and enhance the world around us. Our products enable oil to flow better, crops to grow fuller, roads to last longer and ensure that the air we all breathe is cleaner.
Our people come from all different backgrounds and help reimagine new possibilities daily. We understand there is no challenge too big and no contribution too small. We seek out new ideas for tackling complex problems and celebrate achieving the improbable. We value each person's unique talents and synergize them to create meaningful impact and sustainable solutions for our customers and our world.
Bold. Energetic. Ingenious. Genuine. If these qualities describe you, we'd love for you to join Ingevity!
How you will impact Ingevity:
- Execute month-end closing processes, including analyzing manufacturing, inventory, and spending variances while also monitoring absorption variances & PPV. These analyses are part of a reporting package for plant operations & division management.
- Work with plant cost center owners to discern spending variances & help drive forecast accuracy in this area.
- Review SAP Process Orders daily to recognize the drivers of any manufacturing variances & identify if those drivers are one-time or perpetual.
- Perform monthly raw material inventory reconciliation. Inventories may be reviewed & adjusted more frequently based on the products we're making.
- Assist with standard cost calculations for the plant. Collaborate with the plant team & business leaders on verifying BOM's and recipes.
- Support our business's annual budgeting process and annual standard cost rollover.
- Within 6 months, acquire a strong understanding of SAP and production processes to establish yourself as a go-to person in the plant for financial questions & needs. Reaching this point will involve forming relationships with operations leaders & getting into the plant to see the equipment in-person. This understanding of the plant would make you able to give guests a high-level plant tour.
- Support special financial analysis projects, including capital expenditure requests, operational excellence, cost reviews, or six sigma analysis.
What you need to succeed:
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, required.
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of financial analysis experience, including financial reporting and review, preferably in a manufacturing environment with standard costing experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) essential.
- Work experience with a large company ERP/SAP, preferred.
- Strong drive to evaluate and deliver opportunities for improvement within business financial management systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly learn new programs and systems. Inquisitive to build knowledge base and subject matter expertise in support of business goals.
- Exceptional ability to work well with all levels of employees.
- This role is not eligible for remote work.
- This role is not eligible for employment visa sponsorship. The successful candidate must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship to work in the US.
Ingevity is a company made up of extraordinary people of every race, religion and background, all worthy of the same dignity. Our differences are one of our great strengths. Join us in building a culture of increasing diversity and respect - a culture where everyone belongs.
Ingevity is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Recruiting Agencies: Ingevity does not accept unsolicited resumes and therefore, will not be responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes.